Hello! My name is Leeyee Lim and I’m a Malaysian writer and copy editor currently living in Beijing. Before you ask, yes, the pollution really is that bad. Luckily, the street food, when it’s not fake or cooked in gutter oil, is pretty amazing.
Although I used to keep a personal blog here, I no longer update it. But if you’d like to read some of my old posts, I’d start with these:
- What will our generation leave behind?
- In which I participate in Nanowrimo and despair of my fate as a writer
- What you gonna fight for, who you gonna die for
- Blog as if no one is watching
- How to beat the mean reds
- My favorite Chinese phrase
- Why do you write?
- Dear world, guard thy young for they are lost
- Why it’s more important to be original than to be new
My writing has appeared in The Drum Literary Magazine, Persephone and HelloGiggles. As a writer and reader, I appreciate a good story — fiction or non-fiction — told in a plain, clear, entertaining way.
I feel compelled to tell you that I, and my website, are a work in progress.