Top 10 Reasons To Love Gilmore Girls
Posted on May 16th, 2011
Gilmore Girls is my happy place. I haven’t had a bad day yet that has not been successfully made better by an episode of Gilmore Girls. I love the rapid fire dialogue, I love all that coffee, I love their preppy and unrealistic New England lives.
Yes, I am a geek. I think we’ve established that by now. But here are the top ten reasons to love Lorelai and Rory Gilmore’s perfect little world:
1. Stars Hollow is possibly the safest place in TV history. Who wouldn’t want to live in a place which feels like nothing bad could ever happen here?
2. Everyone needs a Kirk in their life.
3. And a Luke. And a Logan.
4. That opening theme song? Warms the cockles of my heart. If you need, you need me to be with you, I will follow where you lead.
5. Rory reads the way I wish I could read. Actually scrap that, Rory reads the way I used to read, before work and and grown-up life (and um, the internet) took over the time I used to spend lazing around my college apartment, reading anything and everything I could find at the libraries and listening to Snow Patrol.
6. Dude, she goes to Yale. And edits the college paper. And is all privileged and preppy and makes obscure and clever references to literature and pop culture. In short, she’s the me that I thought I would someday become but somehow never quite managed to.
7. When I grow up I want to manage an impossibly pretty inn and still have all that time to deal with my drama -filled life plus sit in Luke’s diner and drink endless cups of coffee and flirt with him.
8. These two eat like elephants and look like giraffes. Un-freaking-fair.
9. They’re always walking around with coffee cups in their hands. I have a weakness for take-away coffee. If I could, I would drink all my coffee out of take-away cups.
10. Because when Rory screws things up and sleeps with her married ex-boyfriend, her grandmother swoops in and whisks her off to Europe. Nice.